Vista Tree Management
August 3, 2021
Vista Tree Management Inc. is a newer company located in Scarborough, Ontario. We operate throughout the Greater Toronto Area providing tree and shrub maintenance, plant health care, and associated services. Utilizing the latest equipment and arboricultural techniques, we pride ourselves on our safety, professionalism and holistic approach to tree care. As a company, we’re dedicated to ongoing professional development, outstanding customer service and maintaining a safe and friendly working environment. We are ISA Certified Arborists, with additional certifications in Pesticide and Plant Health Care, Tree Risk Assessment, Tree Safety and Tree Appraisal.
Due to exceptional demand, we are seeking one Arborist Apprentice / Groundsperson to join our team of arborists and Office Coordinator. This individual will be joining a growing company with opportunities for advancement based on demonstrated ability and desire.
- Assist climbers and other crew members in tree care and maintenance, on the ground and aloft including running ropes and rigging equipment, debris management and removal, chipping, bucking wood and other tasks as required;
- Operate chainsaws, stump grinders, chippers, and other equipment and assist in the care and maintenance of equipment;
- Learn and apply relevant industry standards and work legislation with regards to best arboricultural practices and safe work procedures and abide by all company policies;
- According to ability and operational requirements, climb trees and operate tools aloft under the direction of crew lead;
- Participate in ongoing formal learning opportunities as required, including but not limited to safety, technical and apprentice training;
- Possess and maintain or be willing to obtain certifications in Emergency First Aid / CPR C and AED, Ontario Chainsaw Operator Training, Working at Heights, Aerial Rescue, Aerial Lift, Crane Operations, Apprenticeship, ISA Qualifications.
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, and manual dexterity;
- Able to follow directions and adhere to safe work procedures;
- Valid provincial driver’s license with clean drivers abstract preferred;
- Previous arboriculture experience an asset;
- Post-secondary education and/or graduation in any field an asset;
- Graduation from Arborist Groundworker Program or other pre-apprentice or apprentice programs, an asset.
- 4 day work week, 8-12 hours a day;
- $22.82/hour base, overtime after 44 hours. Paid bi-weekly;
- 2 weeks’ paid sick leave annually;
- 3 weeks vacation annually (6% of earnings);
- Paid statutory holidays;
- WSIB coverage, full health benefits;
- All required equipment, uniforms, and PPE provided;
- Paid formal training, licensing, apprentice registration, and training;
- Mandatory annual inflation-based salary increases;
- Merit-based raises, credential raises.
Salary: Hourly Rate
Hourly Rate: 22.82/hr
Date Updated 31/07/2021
Status NewDate Ad Expires
August 13, 2021
How to apply
Send an email with your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Assistance and accommodation during the hiring process are available. Please inquire with the application.
Vista Tree Management Inc. is a living wage employer and encourages applications from individuals from equity-seeking communities. For more information on equity, diversity, inclusion, and living wages, please see https://vistatree.ca/why-vista-toronto-tree-care/careers/
Application deadline: 2021-08-13
Common surfaces are sanitized regularly, and social distancing is in effect. Other precautions and restrictions as applicable.