August 13, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Consulting Arborist Main Responsibilities (Not inclusive):
- This is a full time sales/estimating, consulting and project management position;
- Prepare competitive, job-specific quotations for new and existing customers requesting consulting services offered by Tree Doctors;
- Communicate effectively and prudently with clients/potential clients, allied professionals, team members, private tree owners and the public at large;
- Conduct site inspections to assess potential project-related impacts to existing trees;
- Attend meetings on-site and at other locations as necessary;
- Prepare technical reports and tree protection plans as required;
- Prepare photo documentation for use on plans and in reports;
- Oversee/supervise construction activities related to protected trees;
- Read/interpret site plans, relevant municipal bylaws and contract or legal documents pertaining to arboriculture and urban forestry consulting;
- Create/build relationships and communicate effectively with clients, governing agencies and contractors when and as required;
- Complete and full cycle project management from the lead stage through to end of job and invoicing.
- Graduate of a recognized program in arboriculture, urban forestry of equivalent;
- Holder of a valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s license, with a clean driving record;
- Competent in technical report-writing, tree identification & assessment;
- ISA Certified Arborist in good standing (or pay/pass the exam within 6 months);
- Practical knowledge of tree biology, tree biomechanics and arboricultural practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualifications that are not mandatory but an asset:
- Experience in tree protection and conservation on construction sites;
- Some knowledge of up-to-date residential and commercial construction techniques;
- Competency using CAD or related programs;
- Experience with tree value appraisal and tree risk assessment;
- ISA Tree Risk Assessor Qualification;
- Holder of valid certificates in first aid, CPR and WHMIS;
- Exhibits are a true passion for arboriculture;
- Above-average tree identification ability, diagnose problems and recommend management solutions based on good arboriculture practices and, current industry standards;
- Excellent communication – verbal, nonverbal, active listening observational, written and negotiation skills;
- Excellent conflict resolution skills which include staying professional and composed, managing emotions, focusing on goals desired outcomes, communicating effectively for desired results;
- Strong sense of teamwork based on respect for production staff, management, and administrative staff as well as al customers.
The following personal skills and attributes are essential to the success of this position:
- Exercises discretion and good judgment,;
- Committed to high quality work and excellent customer service;
- Able to work equally well in a team or individual atmosphere;
- Able to think outside the box.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual(s) to grow in this position and with our growing company.
- Previous experience within our industry in sales, estimating, consulting;
- Previous experience within our industry in a production capacity an asset.
Competitive wages based on experience and qualifications.
We are arborists. We care for trees and people… We look forward to hearing from anyone who feels the same way.
- $28.00 to $ 38.00 negotiable;
- Extended health care;
- Vision care;
- Dental care;
- Life insurance;
- Bonus scheme;
- On-site parking;
- Casual dress;
- Company events & social hours;
- Company car.
Salary: Hourly Rate
Hourly Rate: $28.00 to $ 38.00 negotiable
Pay Rate 28.00
Date Updated 13/08/2021
Status NewDate Ad Expires
October 29, 2021
How to apply
Send email with resume and cover letter to: