Town of Georgina
December 9, 2021
Manager, Parks Development & Operations
Responsible for managing the operations of parks including the day-to-day maintenance of parks, playgrounds, sports fields, cemeteries and the Town’s horticultural program including planning and designing of new park developments. In this position, you will:
- Provide oversight for all municipal parks, open public spaces, waterfront beaches, horticulture & beautification and cemeteries infrastructure day-to-day operations and maintenance (including The ROC operations and Jackson’s Point Harbour operations);
- Integrate modern practices to maximize the efficiency/effectiveness of the operation;
- Analyze community need for parks development, including future trends and demographic information;
- Provide leadership to a team of unionized and non-unionized staff. Motivate, mentor and coach divisional staff, ensuring alignment with corporate vision mission and values.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Landscape Architecture or a closely related discipline;
- Additional ORFA Certification in: Parks Maintenance and Operation, Parks Equipment Safety –Operations, Sports Turf Management & Maintenance Registered Playground Practitioner–Program, Cemeteries Operations Level I, Cemeteries Operations Level II is an asset;
- Membership in OALA and/or the Project Management Institute as a PMP is an asset;
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in a municipal environment with knowledge of parks and horticulture operations;
- Must have previous supervisory/management experience in a unionized environment.
Salary Rate: $86,902.23 – $107, 349.81
Date Updated 09/12/2021
Status NewDate Ad Expires
January 9, 2021
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, identifying the Job Title and Job ID#.
Please apply by visiting the www.georgina.ca/careers by 11:59 pm on January 9, 2022.