Town of Georgina
February 28, 2022
Responsible for performing maintenance of municipal trees and associated administrative tasks; Assists the Forestry, Horticulture & Infrastructure Supervisor with the scheduling of work, coordination of activities, record keeping, administrative duties, and providing job-site work instructions to staff.
- 4 years’ previous experience including the operation, routine maintenance and safe use of related equipment;
- Thorough knowledge and proven ability to work using mechanical, rope saddle and tools related to the industry;
- Knowledge of the care and management of the urban forest;
- Working knowledge of all applicable health and safety regulations and legislation;
- Physically capable of performing all related tasks including tree planting and working proficiently aloft;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, supervisory, communication and leadership skills;
- Strong customer service skills; good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work alone and provide leadership in a team environment;
- Ability to work weekends/evenings/on call as required;
- Driver’s Abstract in good standing required to operate Corporation vehicles.
• 2 Year Arboriculture Technician Diploma or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution;
• ISA Certified Arborist;
• Safety & Awareness for Line Clearing Certificate from the Electrical & Safety Utilities Association of Ontario (E&USA) considered an asset;
• ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ), Ministry of Environment Pesticide licenses and computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite and GIS Tree Inventory are considered assets;
• Current Mobile Crane Operator (0-8 Ton) Certification;
• Valid “G” Driver’s License.
Salary: Hourly Rate
Hourly Rate: $34.63 - $38.48
Date Updated 28/02/2022
Status NewDate Ad Expires
April 28, 2022
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, identifying the Job Title and Job ID#
Arborist; Forestry, Sutton, ON.
Please apply by visiting the www.georgina.ca/careers by 11:59 pm on the closing date. The assessment process may include a practical test and/or interview.
Please note that the Town requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of full vaccination, or provide proof of a bona fide human rights based or medical exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town.