April 13, 2021
Landscape Architect / Arborist Specialist
Are you creative and motivated? Searching for a rewarding and dynamic career opportunity in land use planning and urban design?
If so, your search ends here! MHBC is seeking a Landscape Architect / Arborist Specialist to join our team in the Kitchener office.
MHBC Planning is an industry leading land use planning, landscape architecture, cultural heritage, and urban design expertise firm established in 1973 that has grown to 100 employees in 6 offices throughout Ontario. MHBC has been awarded the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians, Private Sector Employer of the Year, and has also recognized by the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) with two Awards of Professional Merit, two Southwest Ontario Awards of Professional Merit, and a Province of Ontario Outstanding Planning Award.
With endless opportunities for personal and professional development, MHBC is a place where people thrive and achieve satisfaction and fulfillment from their work every day. Advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities through exposure to a wide variety of unique and challenging projects. This position will have you as part of a team to influence development from conception through to construction.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related and progressive experience;
- A Landscape Architecture degree or diploma from a recognized college or university;
- ISAO Certification or arboriculture experience is preferred with experience in completing Tree Management Inventory, Tree Management Plans and Compensation Planting Plans;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to assess critical issues;
- Strong organization and project management skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent graphic and illustrative skills including: AutoCAD proficient as well as familiarity with SketchUp and Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design);
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Date Updated 12/04/2021
Status NewDate Ad Expires
May 31, 2021
How to apply
Applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to Patricia dos Santos, Human Resources Specialist: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.