Maple Hill Tree Service
June 25, 2020
Arborist / Climber
Are you looking for the opportunity to advance your tree climbing and arboricultural skills in a safe and encouraging environment? Are you looking for great training and mentoring from a crew of respectful arborists who pride themselves on quality workmanship and professionalism? Maple Hill Tree Services is celebrating 40 years in the tree care industry, come join our Employee Owned Company!
Maple Hill encourages education and continued job skill improvement. We are members of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and promote employees obtaining their ISA certification. We provide you a wide variety of satisfying work and focus your training in the areas in which you are most interested. If you enjoy physical work and your friends would describe you as easy going, sociable and a team player then Maple Hill is the place for you! We have developed a family environment with several team building and social company events throughout the year.
We are seeking experienced Arborist Climbers who have a passion for preserving and caring for trees. This position will involve pruning and general maintenance of trees and shrubs on commercial and residential properties.
- At least 2 year of climbing (MRS or SRS) and bucket operation experience in the tree care industry;
- Valid G driver’s license (ARZ preferred) and clean abstract;
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science or a related field is preferred but not required;
- First-Aid training is an asset.
The skills and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Skill and knowledge to operate and perform maintenance on specialized equipment including a chipper, stump grinder, and chainsaw in a safe and responsible manner;
- The desire to continue skill development, advance education and maintain certifications and accreditations;
- Trimming, pruning, and shaping trees and shrubs following arboriculture practices;
- Ability to install and inspect structural support systems;
- Chain saw sharpening & maintenance;
- Ability to safely prune or remove large limbs using advanced rigging techniques;
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all safety rules and company safety policies;
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Crew Leader or designated supervisor, Arborist Representative, or Local Manager;
- Currently with Covid-19 restrictions must provide own transportation to sites – mileage compensation available;
- Normally must provide own transportation to our yard in Burlington.
Status NewDate Ad Expires
How to apply
If you are interested in furthering your career at MAPLE HILL TREE SERVICES please e-mail a resume to: [email protected]