June 11, 2019
King City, Ontario
LGL Limited, considered one of North America’s premier ecological research and consulting firms, is seeking a Certified Arborist to join our growing King City office. We provide leading-edge, science-based solutions to a diversity of clients while maintaining the utmost integrity.
We are seeking a Certified Arborist to support our work with private and public sector clientele for whom we provide ecological consulting services. Additional ecological experience, skills, diplomas and certifications will be considered. Please outline all other certifications (e.g., ELC, OWES, OBBN, Electrofishing, Hazard Tree Assessment, Health and Safety, etc.).
Qualifications and skills of the successful candidate may include:
● Attainment of an Arborist certification with the International Society of Arboriculture;
● Experience conducting tree inventory and health assessments consistent with standard arboricultural practices;
● Excellent vegetation identification skills and demonstrated experience in completing arborist assessments;
● Ability to provide support with data entry, GIS mapping, and preparation of Tree Protection Plans, Pruning Plans;
● Ability to provide support with wildlife habitat assessments such as bat roost tree assessment;
● Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and terrain;
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and proficient with Microsoft Office;
● Ability to collaborate within a dynamic team and to work independently;
● Ability to respond to deadlines with high-quality technical reporting and attention to detail;
● A desire to continually improve upon written, oral, and technical expertise;
● A desire for a career in the environmental consulting field;
● Experience with construction monitoring and working in construction environments is considered an asset;
● A Butternut Health Assessor Certification is considered an asset; and,
● Experience managing project budgets is considered an asset.
Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related/complementary discipline (e.g., Ecology, Geography, Biology, Land Surveyor, Fish and Wildlife Technology, Forestry, Landscape Architecture);
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Date Ad Expires
August 12, 2019
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and are keen to join the LGL team, please e-mail a cover letter with career goals and objectives, citizenship/residency status, and a full CV by June 28th to:
Ms. Thiviya Kanagasabesan
445 Thompson Drive, Unit 2
Cambridge, ON N1T 2K7
E-mail any enquiries. No phone calls please.