Lallemand Inc. / BioForest
December 23, 2019
Toronto, Ontario or Montreal, Québec.
Reporting to the Technical Specialist; you will assist our commercial sales team and be responsible for independently providing technical support, troubleshooting, offering product and equipment training, and act as a point of contact for existing customers located across North America.
Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated from a post-secondary program in Forestry, Environmental Sciences, Arboriculture, or a related discipline, that are looking to gain valuable experience in the field of urban forestry. Tasks associated with this position also include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide bilingual (English/French) technical support to customers within the territory, including topics related to tree injection technology, insecticides, fungicides, other products as well as key pests and pathogens as they relate to management of the urban or commercial forest;
- Develop and nurture relationships with current customers;
- Deliver demonstrations, conduct training sessions, and meetings with potential and existing customers;
- Maintain processes and procedures related to technical support;
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge in pest management, both urban and commercial;
- Other duties as required;
- Adhere to BioForest’s customer service standards;
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policy at all times.
- General knowledge of forest entomology and pathology; familiarity with common forest pests and diseases of Eastern Canada (emerald ash borer, gypsy moth, Dutch elm disease);
- Ontario or Québec Pesticide Applicator’s License and / or ISA Certification would be an asset.
- Possess a valid “G” driver’s license and have access to a vehicle;
- Oral and written proficiency in English and in French;
- Demonstrated ability to perform presentations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Experience in Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems would be an asset;
- Experience in customer service.
Personal strengths required
- Excellent work ethic
- Professional and positive attitude
- Enthusiastic personality
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Team spirit
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Date Ad Expires
January 31, 2020
How to apply
Is this offer for you? Apply no later than January 31st, 2020 to:
Please send your resume as well as a cover letter via email referencing “Technical Support” in the subject line to the attention of:
Elsa Cousineau, Technical Specialist: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in our organization, please note that only retained candidates will be contacted.