Lallemand Inc. / BioForest
March 31, 2021
Plant Healthcare Specialist - Bilingual
Currently remote - proximity to Toronto or Montreal would be ideal.
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Support and Business Development and working closely with the Technical Specialist; the ideal candidate will provide plant healthcare advice through technical customer support, troubleshooting, and act as a point of contact for product and equipment training to existing and new customers across North America (tree care companies, municipal foresters, commercial foresters). Candidates should feel fulfilled by guiding individuals in managing forest health from invasive species and diseases while having minimal impact on the surrounding environment.
Tasks associated with this position also include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide bilingual (English/French) technical support to customers within North America, including topics related to tree injection technology, insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, as well as key pests, pathogens, and invasive species as they relate to management of the urban or commercial forest;
- Develop and nurture relationships with customers;
- Deliver demonstrations, conduct training sessions, and meetings with potential and existing customers;
- Maintain processes and procedures related to technical support of forest pest management and pesticide applications
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge in forest pest management, both urban and commercial;
- Adhere to BioForest’s customer service standards;
- Always adhere to Health and Safety Policy.
- Knowledge of forest entomology and pathology; familiarity with common forest pests, diseases, and invasive species of North America (emerald ash borer, gypsy moth, Dutch elm disease, buckthorn);
- Provincial Pesticide Applicator’s License and / or ISA Certification would be an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and can travel independently;
- Oral and written proficiency in English and in French
- Demonstrated ability to perform public presentations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Experience in Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems would be an asset;
- Experience in customer service or sales.
Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated from a post-secondary program in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Environmental Sciences, Arboriculture, or a related discipline, that are looking to gain valuable experience in the field of plant healthcare.
Commensurate with experience; generous benefit package
Date Updated 31/03/2021
Status NewDate Ad Expires
April 16, 2021
How to apply
Is this offer for you? Apply no later than April 16th, 2021.
Please send your resume as well as a cover letter via email referencing “Plant Healthcare Specialist” in the subject line to the attention of: Elsa Cousineau, Technical Specialist: [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in our organization, please note that only retained candidates will be contacted.