Lakeside Tree Experts
March 8, 2022
Arborist Tree Climber
560 Anne St. N, Springwater, ON L9X 0V6
Are you good at what you do?
If you are a skilled Arborist looking for a place to be appreciated for your talent and respected for your work ethic, Lakeside Tree Experts is looking for you. Our management team is aware that the industry is changing as is the work place. We are looking for upbeat, positive people to come alongside and help us facilitate the changes needed for growth both for you personally and also collectively. Come and be a part of a dynamic, industry leading company.
As an Arborist Tree Climber, you will assist the Arborist Crew Leader with the daily operations of the crew. You will be asked to assist the crew leader with the training of apprentices and ground support crew ensuring that tree work is carried out safely and efficiently with technical accuracy.
At Lakeside, you will have the opportunity to participate in team building events and training and to apply your skill set to deliver exceptional client service and craftsmanship.
Lakeside Tree Experts, is a progressive and growing company providing professional tree care and modern arboriculture services in the Simcoe County and Central Ontario area since 1963. We offer a safe and professional atmosphere for both our employees and clients. If you are a team player, trained, educated and certified Arborist passionate about applying your skills and safe practices in arboriculture, we would love to have you come and advance your career with us.
Primary Job Duties
- Perform all duties related to modern arboricultural practices at a high level.
- Ascend and work at heights safely and efficiently in tree canopy of any size
- Ability to utilize SRT and DRT as well as traditional climbing methods.
- Competence in spur assisted hazard tree removal
- Prune trees to ANSI A300 pruning standards
- Operate aerial lifts for pruning and removal of trees with a high degree of competence
- Technical rigging for large limb and tree removal.
- Competence in aerial rescue.
- Able to perform cabling and bracing procedures.
- Manage wounds and defects in woody plants
- Manage pests, diseases and disorders
- Able to perform advanced felling techniques.
- Display safe work practices and the use of PPE to work in a safe environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- Able to work well with others and communicate cordially and effectively with clients.
- Minimum 2 years experience or training
- ISA Certified Arborist or Certified Arborist 444A and/or Certified Utility Arborist 444B
- Proven production climbing skills, excellent client communication and customer service skills
- Knowledgeable and competent in modern arboriculture practices and climbing techniques
- Safe operation of Aerial lift, Chippers, Stumpers, and Chainsaws.
- 0-8 tonne crane competency certificate an asset
- EUSA/IHSA (Line Clearing – Safety and Awareness) an asset.
- A good working knowledge of Plant Health Care an asset
- Pesticide license an asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Clean drivers abstract preferred
- D license with a Z endorsement preferred and given priority
- Working at Heights, WHMIS and First Aid Certification preferred
- Competent in tree and woody plant Identification
- Generous signing Bonus for the successful candidate
- Excellent wage package with overtime and bonus pay
- Benefits package offered including dental, vision care, chiropractic and extended health care
- Company clothing and PPE supplied
- Boot reimbursement
- Safe workplace. WSIB coverage
- Excellent opportunity for growth and career advancement
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources
- Industry credential/license pay increases – we encourage and invest in professional development
Salary and Benefit Package is commensurate with experience and education.
Salary: Hourly Rate
Hourly Rate: 26-36
Date Updated 08/03/2022
Status NewDate Ad Expires
May 8, 2022
How to apply
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 26.00 – 36.00/hour
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.