Heritage Tree Care Inc.
February 4, 2020
Senior Climber and/or crew leader
Heritage Tree Care Inc. is a well established, deeply experienced and highly regarded expert tree service based in Toronto’s west end since 2006. We have worked on countless trees in thousands of spaces across the GTA over 13years. Throughout this time our safety record and reputation have remained exemplary.
We are a progressive and thoughtful company that pride ourselves on bringing an extra layer of creative consideration to the urban treescapes we are invited to work on. Using the principles of Claus Mattheck and Alex Shigo we seek to bring a full-circle, holistic approach to the overall health of each individual and to understand their unique biomechanical structure based on their species, condition, and environmental factors.
We are also highly productive and efficient in our daily work activities, which vary from technically complex removals in tight downtown locations, to precision pruning of every possible species and size throughout the GTA. Safety is our first and foremost concern and we employ strong internal systems and protocols to ensure the safety of customers and employees at all times.
People seem to appreciate our conscientious and considered approach to the Urban forest and over time we have slowly and surely built a solid foundation of repeat and referral customers. We are set to expand operations throughout the GTA, hence we are keenly seeking to hire a selection of exceptional professionals for a great 2020 ahead.
- Easy commute. Our yard is in Parkdale – Perfect for the downtown dweller;
- Optional 4-day workweek with time-off encouraged within reason;
- Excellent pay rate & bonuses based on productivity and overtime;
- We provide in-house Aerial rescue Training and help subsidize external courses that help you improve as an Arborist (ISA, OCAA, ArborCanada, etc).
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
We are an equal opportunities company and everyone has a voice.
- Be a highly skilled professional in the safe maintenance and management of trees of all sizes and species in a wide range of conditions (dead, dying, storm damaged and hazardous) and to work in all manner of environments with high-risk target zones (tiny back yards, over houses/pools, etc.);
- Conform to ISA & ISA Ontario industry standards & Arborist best work practices;
- Adhere to the HTCs company code of ethics and carefully follow the HTC Policies & Procedures Manual and health & safety protocol.
- Be ISA Certified and possess a high level of knowledge of tree biology and biomechanics;
- Be able to conduct a pre-work risk assessment and articulate risks to crew-members in the form of daily Tailgate meetings;
- Be able to carry out all aspects of aerial and ground tree care operations and be skilled in all manner of current Tree climbing and rigging techniques;
- Have the ability to study and determine the most efficient and safe way to handle each task, taking into account such factors as location, weather conditions, crew availability, and equipment;
- Be a reliable team player with the ability to efficiently plan a job, lead a crew and provide basic mentorship for crew-members in support roles;
- Remain a calm and collected influence and presence on the job site and be able to give as well as receive advice in a cordial manner;
- Be strong, fit and capable of undertaking physically demanding work daily in almost all weathers and conditions;
- Be able to carefully and accurately follow detailed job directives, delegate to crew members and execute them correctly;
- Keep activity on the worksite at a high level of productivity and safety;
- Complete work efficiently with excellent time management and on-site problem-solving skills;
- Manage and be accountable for all tools, equipment, and items kept in the trucks and ensure everything is returned to the yard at the end of each day. Delegate maintenance of any equipment when needed;
- Organize yard spaces, shipping container, and truck tool/dump boxes on a regular basis;
- Have a serious work ethic, calm demeanor, and keen ambition;
- Have a 100% clean drivers license.
- Flexible working hours
We are an Equal opportunities company and everyone has a voice.
Range: $30 to $40/hour
Date Ad Expires
March 30, 2020
How to apply
If you are interested on the job please contact Joseph @ 416-458-4745 or email us at [email protected]