City of Markham
January 19, 2021
Tree Preservation Technician
Responsible for overall coordination and service delivery related to Tree Preservation By-law. This involves overseeing in all aspects of the permit process, including receipt of permit applications, on-site field inspections through to the issuance of permits and permit appeals. Responsible to develop and maintain an urban forestry management program and the development / implementation of the Tree Preservation Education Program. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
• Certified Arborist and Tree Risk Assessment Qualified from the International Society of Arboriculture
• Must possess a valid Class G driver’s licence and a satisfactory driver’s abstract
• Superior knowledge of tree issues and problems to diagnose and make recommendations and rationale for tree preservation or removal is required
• Considerable knowledge of the procedures, rules, and regulations pertaining to tree permit application assessment
• Sound knowledge of related municipal bylaws, provincial and federal Acts and regulations governing the work performed
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and Amanda software
• Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills, the ability to present information to the public and Council, and demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work independently or in a collaborative team setting
• Municipal Law Enforcement Officer (MLEO) training is an asset.
• A combined minimum of 5 – 7 years of training, education and experience in urban forestry or arboriculture, within a municipal setting is preferred
• Completion of a degree, diploma, or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution on urban forestry, plant science, horticulture, or a related discipline
• Municipal Law Enforcement Officer education, training or experience would be an asset
Salary Rate: $72,471 to $81,428 annually
Status NewDate Ad Expires
January 31, 2021
How to apply
Please scroll to the Current Opportunities section to select the job.