City of Kitchener
March 31, 2021
Kitchener, ON. 131 Goodrich Dr.
Investigates public service requests providing diagnosis, assessment, and recommendation for appropriate tree maintenance. Provide a standardized and systematic process for assessing tree risk. Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment. Assesses and selects location for tree planting on City property.
- Perform a variety of tasks in a team environment, related to tree care including but not limited to planting, pruning and removing trees using various equipment/machinery and climbing techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must be willing to successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must be willing to successfully complete required progression criteria as it relates to this job.
- Must possess a valid DZ driver’s license in good standing.
- Must hold a Chainsaw Operator Certificate or License.
- Must have proven experience in proper care and operation of Forestry related equipment including Chipper, Stumper, Chipper Truck and Aerial device.
- Must have proven experience in climbing techniques and necessary apparatus (subject the testing).
- Must have demonstrated communication skills with a customer service focus and the ability to keep accurate written records.
- Must have an ability to participate as an effective team member.
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties including manual labour.
- Must be able to work in an on-call rotation and be able to respond to on-call requests within a 45 minute time period.
- Must be a competent person as defined by the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Must have ISA certification in good standing;
- Must have a Grade 12 diploma or GATB and successfully complete customer service testing.
$32.27 – $34.17; full benefits
|Department||Infrastructure Services||Division||Parks and Cemeteries|
|Union Affiliation||CUPE 68||Number of Positions||1|
|Hours of Work||Monday – Friday 7:00-3:00 (40 hours)|
|Facility||Kitchener Operations Facility||City||Kitchener|
|Salary Range||$32.27-$34.17||Grade/Band||8 (under review)|
Date Updated 31/03/2021
Status NewDate Ad Expires
April 14, 2021
How to apply
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy #II-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
“The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
- within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full-time and part-time classifications.
- within the same Division in the case of students.”