Bruce Tree Ltd.
February 10, 2020
Climbing Arborist/Crew Leader
GTA & Surrounding Area
We are looking for an experienced climbing arborist with an interest in production pruning and tree removals. The successful candidate would be comfortable with technical rigging and large tree pruning and removal.
Founded 20 years ago, Bruce Tree is a medium-sized, full-service tree care company based in South Etobicoke. We provide a full range of both tree care and consulting services in the GTA and surrounding areas. We are committed to detail-oriented client service and the delivery of high-quality work focused on tree health and preservation. We maintain the highest commitment to employee safety and a healthy work- life balance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a climbing arborist;
- Advanced chainsaw and tree felling skills;
- MTCU Arborist Certificate of completion or equivalent;
- Valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license and clean driver’s record;
- Safety-conscious, positive attitude, reliable, punctual and trustworthy;
- Must have own arborist fall protection equipment, which complies with provincial safety legislation and meets Bruce Tree Expert Company Ltd. Requirements;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- One year experience as a crew leader;
- Current qualification as an ISA Certified Arborist;
- Valid Ontario Class “D” or “DZ” driver’s license and clean driver’s record;
- Current ISA Tree Risk Assessor Qualification;
- Up-to-date Working at Heights certificate.
Compensation: $25-35 per hour based on demonstrated skills and experience.
In addition to on-going legislated training, paid vacation and statutory holidays, Bruce Tree provides:
- 6 paid sick days and 2 paid personal days per year;
- A clearly defined work schedule with minimal Saturday work requirements;
- Overtime pay;
- New employee gear loan with bi-weekly repayment terms.
Following 90-day probationary period, Bruce Tree provides:
- $500 annual contribution to the purchase of work-related PPE and climbing equipment;
- $250 annual contribution to registration in arboriculture-related conferences, workshops or othertraining of the employee’s choice;
- End-of-season bonus.
Date Ad Expires
April 10, 2020
How to apply