Bruce Tree Expert Company Ltd.
February 19, 2019
Horticulture (Arborist) Crew Leader
Greater Toronto Area (company based out of South Etobicoke)
We are looking for an experienced climbing arborist with a knowledge and interest in fine pruning, basic plant health care, air spading, fertilizing and tree planting. The successful candidate would be someone who, while interested in climbing, wants to also apply and expand their tree pruning, plant health care and horticulture skills. The successful candidate will not be expected to complete large tree removals.
Founded 20 years ago, Bruce Tree is a medium-sized, full-service tree care company based in South Etobicoke. We provide a full range of both tree care and consulting services in the GTA and surrounding areas. We are committed to detail-oriented client service and the delivery of high quality work focused on tree health and preservation.
● 3 years of experience in all aspects of arboriculture, including: climbing, tree and shrub pruning, cabling and bracing, fertilizing, tree planting and basic plant health care
● At least one full year experience leading a tree care crew
● Up-to-date qualification as an ISA Certified Arborist, MTCU Arborist Certificate of Completion or equivalent
● Valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license and clean driving profile
● Valid Standard First Aid/CPR/AED and W.H.M.I.S. Certificate
● Strong tree and shrub identification skills
● Basic pest and disease diagnostic and treatment prescription skills
● Basic understanding of soil health and treatment of conditions undesirable for tree growth.
● Safety-conscious, positive attitude, reliable, punctual and trustworthy
● Commitment to workplace safety as the highest priority
● Must have own PPE, including complete arborist fall protection equipment, all of which complies with provincial safety legislation and meets Bruce Tree Expert Company Ltd. requirements
● Effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills
Compensation: $23-28 per hour commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Date Ad Expires
April 19, 2019
How to apply
To apply please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]