Bruce Tree Expert Company Ltd.
July 29, 2019
Horticulture Crew Leader
Greater Toronto Area (based out of south Etobicoke)
Bruce Tree is looking for an experienced climbing arborist with a knowledge and interest in fine pruning. The successful candidate would be someone who, while interested in climbing, wants to also apply and expand their tree pruning and horticulture skills. The successful candidate will not be expected to complete large tree removals.
Founded 20 years ago, Bruce Tree is a medium-sized, full-service tree care company based in South Etobicoke. We provide a full range of both tree care and consulting services in the GTA and surrounding areas. We are committed to detail-oriented client service and the delivery of high-quality work focused on tree health and preservation.
- 3 years of experience as a climbing arborist;
- Preferably, at least one full year experience leading a tree care crew;
- Up-to-date qualification as an ISA Certified Arborist, MTCU Arborist Certificate of Completion or equivalent;
- Valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license and clean driving profile;
- Strong tree and shrub identification skills;
- Safety-conscious, positive attitude, reliable, punctual and trustworthy;
- Commitment to workplace safety as the highest priority;
- Must have own arborist fall protection equipment, which complies with provincial safety legislation and meets Bruce Tree Expert Company Ltd. Requirements;
- Effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
In addition to on-going legislated training, paid vacation and statutory holidays, Bruce Tree provides:
1. Paid sick days and personal days;
2. A clearly defined work schedule with minimal Saturday work requirements;
3. Overtime pay;
4. New employee gear loan with convenient bi-weekly payment terms.
Following one full year of employment, Bruce Tree provides:
1. $500.00 annual contribution dedicated to the purchase of work-related PPE and climbing equipment;
2. $250.00 annual contribution dedicated to registration in an arboriculture-related conference, workshop or other training of their choice;
3. Profit sharing
Compensation: $23-28 per hour, commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Date Ad Expires
September 28, 2019
How to apply
To apply please send resume to [email protected]