Aboud & Associates
May 30, 2019
Aboud & Associates is a tight-knit team of 12 professionals comprised of Arborists, Ecologists and Landscape Architects. As consulting arborists, we help our municipal and private clients to inventory, assess and manage trees and to shape and navigate the regulatory processes related to urban forests in southern Ontario. Our current workload requires another full-time Consulting Arborist to join our team. You will need to be an ISA Certified Arborist or Registered Consulting Arborist to comply with the requirements of our existing contracts and support our future growth.
The key tasks of the role are:
1) Acting on behalf of municipal forestry departments to address tree related resident concerns, prepare work orders and review work completed by contractors. All related municipal documentation is processed using mobile asset management software.
2) Inventorying and assessing any tree in southern Ontario using GIS based mobile data tree management software.
3) Understanding the balance between private and public motivations behind tree preservation and helping shape internal and client policy around that.
4) Collaborating with allied professionals (Planners, Engineers, Ecologists, and Landscape Architects) to develop detailed tree preservation plans, agency permits and management procedures.
5) Most importantly, having the confidence to make informed defensible decisions at client meetings, public information centres, and technical advisory committees. Effectively communicating tree related issues with non-arborist types using clear methodologies in reports and through mapping/construction drawings.
As a skilled Arborist, you know that the field functions of the job, which could include anything from assessing minute details of a single tree to inventorying thousands of trees, occur during all four seasons in physically demanding environments like construction sites, active roads and ravines. You will often be travelling to these sites by yourself; a valid driver’s license is required.
Commensurate with experience
Date Ad Expires
June 30, 2019
How to apply
If this sounds like a great opportunity to advance your career, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We will respond to everyone that takes the time to submit to let you know if there is an interview in your future.
No need to recap your resume in paragraph format in the cover letter. Instead, please describe a single project or task you consider the most significant accomplishment in your career so far in the context of this role on our team. Search for ‘performance-based hiring’ to better understand what we are looking for in your cover letter.