Davey Tree, established in 1880, is an employee-owned company and leader in tree and shrub care, commercial grounds, utility line clearing, and green industry consulting across North America. At over 10,500 employees strong, there are unmatched opportunities for motivated individuals to build a rewarding career. Like any businesses, people are the most important asset of our company and are the foundation to our continued success. As we continue to grow, we are seeking experienced, motivated individuals that possess a positive attitude, and strong work ethic to join our team.
Davey Resource Group, a division of Davey Tree, specializes in urban forestry, vegetation management, utility vegetation and asset management, and ecological consulting services. Our significant growth since inception in 1992 and our entrance into the Canadian market in 2015 has presented opportunities for career development and advancement for our employees. Our expanding team of professionals is currently one of the fastest growing segments of Davey.
Position Opportunity: High level career opportunity in the field of Utility & Vegetation Management Consulting, as Manager, Utility & Vegetation Management for Davey Resource Group in Canada. The start date for this position will be January 1, 2022.
As a condition of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to Davey Tree prior to commencing employment and start date.
We are seeking a full time arborist with ample experience in the field.
Must be proficient at climbing and rigging, and use modern climbing techniques.
Responsibilities include operating chainsaws, chipper and tracked skid steer, driving and reversing manual truck, and talking to customers.
Heritage Tree Care Inc is a thriving, experienced, and well-regarded tree service based in Toronto’s downtown west end, operating since 2006.
Heritage Tree Care Inc. is enjoying solid growth in all areas of tree care operations and is looking for lead climbers to join our team. We have a progressive workplace culture, offer a flexible schedule, full-time with competitive pay, benefits, and room to grow and expand the role in the company.
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged empowered employees. Help us achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully. #BeTheReason
JOB ID #: 18039
Manager – Forestry/Horticulture
100 King Street
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 Full-Time Regular
UNION/NON-UNION: Non-Union Mgmt. Professional
HOURS Of WORK: 35.00 per week
SALARY/HOUR: $60.528 – $72.271 per hour
*Note: See appropriate Collective Agreement or the Non-Union Salary Range for details.
STATUS/LENGTH: Full-Time Regular
Job Description ID #: 2514
Vaccine Verification – As a condition of employment you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer prior to your start date. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the City of Hamilton.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Services, the Manager of Forestry and Horticulture is responsible for the management accountability, planning, delivery, and financial performance of operations and maintenance of
Street tree planting, trimming, removals, emergency response and urban forestry health/protection. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for horticultural design, planting, greenhouse production, horticultural shows and the maintenance of city traffic island / garden and roundabout maintenance. In addition the Manager ensures the availability of resources required to deliver programs to approved standard, through the use of safe practices, in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and agreements.
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Kingston is a smart, livable city in the heart of eastern Ontario. Its stable and diversified economy includes global corporations, innovative start-ups and all levels of government. Kingstonians enjoy a high quality of life with access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
We take our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Pride seriously and apply these standards to everything we do. We foster a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. The City of Kingston views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members *2SLGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
The Certified Arborist will assist and participate in all aspects of tree pruning, removals, cable and bracing planting and after care using industry accepted practices including stumping operations. This position will operate the aerial truck, chipper, and crane truck and maintain all equipment.
The Certified Arborist will perform tree climbing procedures using industry accepted practices as recognized by either I.S.A. and or the Ontario Apprenticeship Arborist program, including working in proximity to energized conductors.
- Assist and participate in all aspects of tree pruning, removals, cable and bracing planting and after care, using industry accepted practices, including stumping operations;
- Operate and maintain equipment including: aerial trucks, chippers, and crane trucks;
- Perform tree climb procedures (rope and rig) using industry accepted practices as recognized by either I.S.A. and or the Apprenticeship Arborist program, including working in proximity to energized conductors;
- Assist in other operational needs as required by the Public Works Department;
- Maintain city owned trees by inspection, monitor and treat to ensure they are healthy, safe and suitable to community standards;
- Perform tree planting, transplanting, pruning, structural support, mulching, fertilizing and irrigation;
- Prepare job site and inspect and maintain equipment;
- Demonstrate superior customer service when interacting with the public;
- Other duties as assigned.
Grand River Tree Service is looking to hire a full-time permanent lead arborist/foreman. We are a mid sized tree maintenance and removal company with an extensive list of commercial and residential customers. Job will include leading a crew while climbing or using aerial equipment from a complete fleet of modern up to date equipment. Salary position, competitive wages, year round work and RRSP.
Cohen & Master Tree & Shrub Services Ltd. is the leader in Arboriculture in the Greater Toronto Area.
We are seeking a Production Arborist to join our team.
Location: Markham, Thornhill
- Full time employment;
- Opportunity for both the experienced arborists and the apprentice;
- Work along side an expert team of professional Arborists;
- Utilize innovative and modern technics in Arboriculture;
- Vacation Pay (4% of earnings);
- Statutory Holiday pay;
- Health benefit insurance plan;
- Over-time pay of time and a half after 44 hrs/ week;
- Equipment allowance;
- Positive work environment;
- Commitment to health and safety;
- Designated training time and on-site learning opportunities.
Promotes a sustainable urban forest as part of managing municipal assets, including support for the administration of forestry contracts and municipal by-laws as related to the urban forest. Responsible for the maintenance of city owned trees by pruning and removing of trees from the ground, by climbing and by the operation of an aerial device in accordance with standard arboriculture practices; leads crew activities as assigned, prepares job site and inspects and maintains equipment; performs tree planting, pesticide application, mulching, fertilizing and irrigation. Inspects and provides detailed reports on tree inventory, hazard tree assessment, regular tree inspections, sub-division guaranteed maintenance & assumption inspections and storm and emergency tree response. Also responsible for performing winter snow plowing and removal operations.
In keeping with our People Plan’s culture of learning and core values of collaboration and change and growth, we are pleased to share with you an opportunity within our Infrastructure Services Department. We are seeking a dynamic leader for the Parks & Cemeteries Division team.
Competition Number: N#82. Job Code: 0091
Posting Date: November 1, 2021 Closing Date: November 14, 2021
Job Status: Permanent Full-Time
Department: Infrastructure Services Division: Parks and Cemeteries
Union Affiliation: Non-Union/Management. Number of Positions: 1
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Facility: Kitchener Operations Facility City: Kitchener
Salary Range: $78,186 – $97,728 Grade/Band: 9 (under review)
Goodwood Tree Ltd. is currently looking to add an experienced climbing arborist to our team.
We are a small team which provides quality tree services to both residential and commercial clients within Toronto and the GTA for the past 7 years.
We are looking for a climber that has a genuine interest and love for the career, and someone who considers themselves to be good with clients and a capable team leader.
Key Experience Requirements :
- Minimum 3 years commercial driving experience;
- Minimum 3-5 years climbing experience and capable of medium sized removals and large tree pruning;
- Graduate from an accredited arboriculture program.
Wage negotiable based on skill level and experience.
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization.
Our Waterloo office is looking to fill an Arborist / Field Technician position in our growing Canadian Operations.
- Carrying out accurate and complete tree inventories in support of a range of projects according to applicable guidelines, by-laws, and best management practices (BMPs);
- Assisting with the preparation of Arborist Reports, Tree Protection and Preservation Plans, and Restoration/Compensation Tree Planting Plans;
- Providing accurate and complete field notes;
- Data entry and data management;
- Working with CAD and/or GIS teams to produce figures;
- Collect point and topographic survey data to support tree inventory and arborist activities;
- Providing field and office support to other members of the group as required (e.g., botanical inventories, Ecological Land Classification, amphibian calling surveys, benthic surveys, erosion and sediment control inspections, water quality sampling and flow measurements, sanitary and storm sewer monitoring, statistical analyses, data entry and table preparation, etc.);
- Providing support to other groups or initiatives as required (e.g., construction oversite);
- Travel (generally within the province) will be required – an estimated 70% of time will be out of the office (dependent on project and seasonal requirements);
- Handling and disposing of samples and sampling equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Production positions available for immediate hire:
- General laborer positions;
- Ground support positions;
- DZ/AZ driver positions;
- Equipment operator positions;
- All levels of production climber positions
Job description information will be discussed during telephone or personal interview.
We are looking for an Experienced Tree Climber to join our team. We are also looking for a Crew Leader who can help manage our ever-growing business.
- Pruning and Removing trees;
- Safely Climbing trees, being careful of customer’s property;
- Good knowledge of knots and rigging;
- Running chipper and equipment;
- Lifting heavy logs and dragging brush;
- Chainsaw operation and maintenance;
- Stump grinding operation;
- Working outside in all weather conditions;
- Attention to safety training/procedures
Crew Leader Responsibilites would also include:
- Manage crew on job sites each day;
- Ensure safety procedures are followed on job sites;
- Working with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
You can wear a lot of different hats at Bartlett: Arborist Representative, IPM Technician (Pest Control), Crew Supervisor, Climber, Administrative Assistant. Call today for a free brochure, Careers with Bartlett Tree Experts. Learn about the full range of rewarding career paths with the industry leader in tree care.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited, is the leading full-service tree care provider for residential, commercial, utility line clearing, and forestry consulting throughout Canada. As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking interested and motivated individuals to join our team.
Positions: Groundpersons, Arborist Apprenticeship, Climbers, Plant Health Care Technicians
JOB DUTIES: Positions involve providing expert tree surgery services, ground work support, and plant health care operations to client properties. Responsibilities include fertilizing, pesticide application and systemic injection, climbing, pruning and removing trees as well as full debris removal and site cleanup on residential and commercial properties.
Asplundh is a recognized world leader in providing professional, safe, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable vegetation management for 90 years.
We offer a safe and professional work environment with continuous training and development with a comprehensive benefits program with competitive industry wages.
ARBORIST – PINNACLE TREE CARE
Pinnacle Tree Care is currently interviewing for Arborist or Climbing Arborist positions.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• 2-3 years experience climbing with rope and harness in the tree care industry
• Experience operating Chainsaws and Chippers
• Hold or working towards an ISA Certification or Ontario Licensed Arborist.
• Hold a valid Class ‘G’ License with a clean abstract
• Posses strong teamwork skills
• Have a desire to learn