What can I expect in this role?
This position reports to the Manager of Forestry Services in the Parks and Open Space department. As the Supervisor of Woodlands and Parks Tree Operations you will:
• Develop annual operating/capital plans and schedules and assist the Manager in preparation of operating and capital budgets for tree stumping and planting and woodlands and parks tree operations portfolio.
• Track and work within the financial budgets established for the business unit.
• Lead a team of arborists, urban forest technicians, labourers and students for implementing action plans.
• Develop and oversee operational programs specific to existing and future invasive species strategies
• Contract administration including but not limited to: street and parks tree planting, stumping and arboricultural services.
• Supervise, monitor and audit activities of companies and contractors, vendors’ arborist crews, staff, students and consultants.
• Have the ability to communicate and establish effective relationships with all staff levels and elected officials, unions and the general public.
• Respond timely to citizen inquiries and/or complaints related to assigned area of responsibility.
• Have excellent conceptual, interpersonal communication and administrative skills.
• Organize work activities and procedures to optimize productivity of assigned staff.
• Provide training, instruction and expertise for business unit staff.
• Establish performance measures and conduct annual performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
• Hire and train seasonal/temporary employees as appropriate and resolve immediate performance issues through coaching and/ or discipline.
• Represent the assigned business units by providing timely communication to residents, town administration, emergency services, senior management, members of town council and others.
• Administer, enhance, modify, and develop forest resource management programs as well as conducting site investigations/ assessments, determining, and developing appropriate action plans.
• Provide professional forestry advice and direction; retain the Town’s FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certification on all of the Town’s woodlands properties.
• Be required to work standby, on a rotational shift, throughout the year, includes emergency storm management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
We are currently hiring for all positions in our company
Cohen & Master Tree & Shrub Services Ltd. is the leader in Arboriculture in the Greater Toronto Area.
We are seeking a Production Arborist to join our team.
Location: Markham, Thornhill
- Full time employment;
- Opportunity for both the experienced arborists and the apprentice;
- Work along side an expert team of professional Arborists;
- Utilize innovative and modern technics in Arboriculture;
- Vacation Pay (4% of earnings);
- Statutory Holiday pay;
- Health benefit insurance plan;
- Over-time pay of time and a half after 44 hrs/ week;
- Equipment allowance;
- Positive work environment;
- Commitment to health and safety;
- Designated training time and on-site learning opportunities.
We are a Thornhill-based, locally-owned and operated full service tree care company with a growing, dedicated consulting division.
Our consulting clients are predominantly landscape architects, architects, engineers, contractors, developers, government agencies and private tree owners (home-owners). A large component and major focus of our consulting service is related to tree inventories and prescriptions for preservation of existing trees on development and re-development sites in the GTA. These projects range from individual residential to large commercial and residential buildings and municipal infrastructure projects. Our consulting services extend to include ravine restoration stewardship plans; appraisal of monetary value of woody plants; tree risk assessment; obtaining municipal approvals and permits for projects involving trees.
Come join us at the Region of Waterloo, as we expand our Transportation Operations team with additional emphasis on the management of our vegetation infrastructure – from trees to garden beds and grass.
We strive for the continued environmental and health benefits vegetation provides to residents and visitors of the Region. This new Supervisor, Forestry & Horticulture Operations position will involve responsibility for not just the maintenance of trees and vegetation along our roads, but also for playing a leading role in developing plans to ensure our vegetation thrives as we continue to expand the planting of materials on our right-of-ways.
Who We Are
Serving, engaging and inspiring current and future generations.
Committed to fostering opportunities for current and future generations, the Region of Waterloo is an inclusive, thriving and sustainable region of connected rural and urban communities with global reach.
Our mission is to serve, engage and inspire, by delivering quality services to a diverse population of 630,000, while creating a healthy, collaborative environment of learning, respect and innovation. This is a place where employees are valued and recognized for their talents and contributions to our success.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
Click here to learn more about our vision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqa1oJ-PKOA
This mandate with the Region of Waterloo would be an exceptional career move for a quick thinker and confident decision-maker, who turns strategy into action, and can communicate and work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. If you are such a leader, let’s talk.
As Supervisor, Forestry & Horticulture Operations, you’ll supervise crews assigned to forestry, horticulture, and general landscaping/grass-cutting work on regional roads, properties, and the entire roadway right-of-way, as well as winter roads maintenance operations. Monitoring operations by carrying out patrols will be an integral part of your leadership role.
Job Title: Arborist
Employer: City of Markham
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Salary Range: CAD $30.19 to $30.64 Hourly
Worker Category: Regular Full Time
The City of Markham, an award-winning municipality with more than 353,000 residents, is Canada’s high-tech capital and most diverse community, enjoying a rich heritage, outstanding community planning and services, and a vibrant local economy. Committed to being a model of public service excellence, with a workforce that is representative of the population we serve, we are looking for people who share our values and are champions of innovative practices. Diversity is one of Markham’s strategic priorities, and we strive to develop and maintain an environment that is inclusive and creates a sense of belonging for all.
Applications are now being accepted for the regular full-time position of Arborist in the Urban Forestry Operations Department, Community & Fire Services Commission. While all applications will be received, current members of CUPE 905 (Outside Workers) will be given first consideration. To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on-line by September 14, 2021.
Join us and make a lasting difference!
A position with the City of Markham offers the chance to make a difference by providing the highest quality customer service to our growing community. With us, you will enjoy being part of a multicultural workforce with a dynamic culture and a desire to be the best.
The City is looking for a detail oriented individual who works well within a team and independently as needed. Reporting to the Working Supervisor, Urban Forestry, you will be responsible for performing all arboricultural related duties on City boulevards, parks and open spaces. You will be assisting with on-call Urban Forestry Winter Operations that includes walkway clearance at Community Centres. You may also respond to public inquiries while in the field, maintain related equipment and tools, and assist with the operations maintenance activities including on-call winter snow removal.
Grand River Tree Service is looking to hire a full-time permanent lead arborist/foreman. We are a mid sized tree maintenance and removal company with an extensive list of commercial and residential customers. Job will include leading a crew while climbing or using aerial equipment from a complete fleet of modern up to date equipment. Salary position, competitive wages, year round work and RRSP.
Job Number: RPF-164-21 (2 positions)
Employee Group: CUPE Local 44
Employment Status: Full Time Permanent
A great career is closer than you think. Come work for the city recognized by Maclean’s Magazine as Canada’s best community and best place to raise a family. You’ll be joining an innovative and progressive workplace focused on building a 21st century city that respects the diversity of our residents, visitors and employees; and prioritizes continuous opportunities for you to learn and grow.
Full Time Permanent
Reporting to the Supervisor of Forestry, the Arborist provides day to day care and maintenance of trees in order to keep the city’s urban forest in a healthy and safe condition.
The Arborist is responsible for:
• Climbing, pruning and removing city owned trees from the ground or using an aerial device
• Operating specialized forestry equipment such as chainsaws, wood chippers, aerial devices and industrial vehicles
• Maintaining equipment including sharpening saws and pruners, inspecting ropes and harnesses
• Planning, setting up and securing work sites and providing traffic control when required
• Providing assessments, inspections and proper identification of trees and conditions
• Cleaning up job sites by raking, sweeping and disposing of wood material
We are looking for an Experienced Tree Climber to join our team. We are also looking for a Crew Leader who can help manage our ever-growing business.
- Pruning and Removing trees;
- Safely Climbing trees, being careful of customer’s property;
- Good knowledge of knots and rigging;
- Running chipper and equipment;
- Lifting heavy logs and dragging brush;
- Chainsaw operation and maintenance;
- Stump grinding operation;
- Working outside in all weather conditions;
- Attention to safety training/procedures
Crew Leader Responsibilites would also include:
- Manage crew on job sites each day;
- Ensure safety procedures are followed on job sites;
- Working with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
The Lead Instructor will be involved in an industry-based training program that provides entry-level grounds crew training to 48 individuals in Toronto and Ottawa (24 per region), who need support to enter the field. You will report to the Ground Worker Training Program Coordinator and work with The Career Foundation’s SAO Program Manager as needed. This practical grounds crew training will enable them to work productively, safely, and efficiently. The course will focus on developing essential skills and will enhance communication, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities. As Lead Instructor, you must have the experience, expertise, and ability to effectively instruct in the arborist trade in Ontario. You will be responsible for delivering provided curriculum, coordinating, and overseeing Program Technician staff, coordinating daily lessons that are engaging and focused on essential skills, evaluating student progress, recording and maintaining inventory, and maintaining program documentation. The successful applicant will possess a combination of formal training, teaching experience, and work experience within the arboriculture field.
*Preference will be given to applicants who can work 2 contracts consecutively in both regions. However, all applications will be considered. Please clearly indicate which contract you are applying for (Toronto, Ottawa, or both).
Due to COVID 19, Technicians must have experience teaching or training small groups of employees or students simultaneously. Technicians are required to train a small group of 6 students with little guidance from the Lead Instructor and no interaction with other Technicians.
Program Technicians will be involved in an industry-based training program that provides entry-level grounds crew training to 48 individuals in Toronto and Ottawa (24 per region), who need support to enter the field. This practical grounds-crew training will enable them to work productively, safely, and efficiently. The course will focus on developing essential skills and will enhance communication, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities. As a Program Technician, you must have the experience, expertise, and ability to effectively instruct in the arborist trade in Ontario. You will assist the Lead Instructor, with delivering curriculum and facilitating daily lessons that are engaging and focused on essential skills. In addition, you will evaluate student progress and maintain program documentation. The successful applicant will possess a combination of formal training, teaching experience, and work experience within the arboriculture field.
Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited, is the leading full-service tree care provider for residential, commercial, utility line clearing, and forestry consulting throughout Canada. As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking interested and motivated individuals to join our team.
Positions: Groundpersons, Arborist Apprenticeship, Climbers, Plant Health Care Technicians
JOB DUTIES: Positions involve providing expert tree surgery services, ground work support, and plant health care operations to client properties. Responsibilities include fertilizing, pesticide application and systemic injection, climbing, pruning and removing trees as well as full debris removal and site cleanup on residential and commercial properties.
You can wear a lot of different hats at Bartlett: Arborist Representative, IPM Technician (Pest Control), Crew Supervisor, Climber, Administrative Assistant. Call today for a free brochure, Careers with Bartlett Tree Experts. Learn about the full range of rewarding career paths with the industry leader in tree care.
Consulting Arborist Main Responsibilities (Not inclusive):
- This is a full time sales/estimating, consulting and project management position;
- Prepare competitive, job-specific quotations for new and existing customers requesting consulting services offered by Tree Doctors;
- Communicate effectively and prudently with clients/potential clients, allied professionals, team members, private tree owners and the public at large;
- Conduct site inspections to assess potential project-related impacts to existing trees;
- Attend meetings on-site and at other locations as necessary;
- Prepare technical reports and tree protection plans as required;
- Prepare photo documentation for use on plans and in reports;
- Oversee/supervise construction activities related to protected trees;
- Read/interpret site plans, relevant municipal bylaws and contract or legal documents pertaining to arboriculture and urban forestry consulting;
- Create/build relationships and communicate effectively with clients, governing agencies and contractors when and as required;
- Complete and full cycle project management from the lead stage through to end of job and invoicing.
Asplundh is a recognized world leader in providing professional, safe, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable vegetation management for 90 years.
We offer a safe and professional work environment with continuous training and development with a comprehensive benefits program with competitive industry wages.
Vista Tree Management Inc. is a newer company located in Scarborough, Ontario. We operate throughout the Greater Toronto Area providing tree and shrub maintenance, plant health care, and associated services. Utilizing the latest equipment and arboricultural techniques, we pride ourselves on our safety, professionalism and holistic approach to tree care. As a company, we’re dedicated to ongoing professional development, outstanding customer service and maintaining a safe and friendly working environment. We are ISA Certified Arborists, with additional certifications in Pesticide and Plant Health Care, Tree Risk Assessment, Tree Safety and Tree Appraisal.
Due to exceptional demand, we are seeking one Arborist Apprentice / Groundsperson to join our team of arborists and Office Coordinator. This individual will be joining a growing company with opportunities for advancement based on demonstrated ability and desire.
- Assist climbers and other crew members in tree care and maintenance, on the ground and aloft including running ropes and rigging equipment, debris management and removal, chipping, bucking wood and other tasks as required;
- Operate chainsaws, stump grinders, chippers, and other equipment and assist in the care and maintenance of equipment;
- Learn and apply relevant industry standards and work legislation with regards to best arboricultural practices and safe work procedures and abide by all company policies;
- According to ability and operational requirements, climb trees and operate tools aloft under the direction of crew lead;
- Participate in ongoing formal learning opportunities as required, including but not limited to safety, technical and apprentice training;
- Possess and maintain or be willing to obtain certifications in Emergency First Aid / CPR C and AED, Ontario Chainsaw Operator Training, Working at Heights, Aerial Rescue, Aerial Lift, Crane Operations, Apprenticeship, ISA Qualifications.
We are looking for an experienced climber who is skilled in production pruning and removals. The candidate will lead a crew for some jobs and be a part of a larger crew on others. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, team player with a passion for tree care.
- Lead the crew as it completes daily jobs including pruning and removal of trees;
- Ensure that jobs are finished in a safe and timely manner;
- Interact with clients in a polite and friendly way;
- Delegate worksite duties to the crew;
- Manage the daily maintenance of Vehicles, Chipper, and Tools.
HIRING EXPERIENCED ARBORIST & CREW LEADER WANTED FOR A SUCCESSFUL AND RELIABLE TREE SERVICE COMPANY
Looking for a hardworking professional to join our experienced tree crew. Perform varying tree services at residential and estate properties across the GTA with lots of steady work. Exciting work with professional equipment, chip trucks, crane truck, trailers, skid steers, ATV’s and more.
Full-time positions available as a bucket truck operator, climber and groundsperson. Pruning and maintenance of trees and shrubs, rigging, removals. Cuts, carries wood, operation of chipper, chainsaw, front end loader, and other small equipment.
– maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
Pay depends on experience and certificates. Will increase in time.
Woodfellas Tree Care is a locally owned and operated thriving tree company in Kingston, Ontario. Our services include tree preservation plans, tree inventory and arborist reports, tree planting, plant health care, deep root fertilization, emerald ash borer injections, hazardous risk assessments, cabling and bracing, (cobra support system), tree removals, utility line clearing, stump grinding and emergency tree work. We are currently looking for experienced, motivated, certified arborists/climbers with a positive attitude and work ethic to join our growing team.