- This event has passed.
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Kingston
April 2 @ 8:00 am - April 4 @ 12:00 pm
The ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) program provides an opportunity for professionals in the arboriculture industry to expand their knowledge through education and training in the fundamentals of tree risk assessment. This qualification promotes the safety of people and property by providing a standardized and systematic process for assessing
tree risk. The results of a tree risk assessment can provide tree owners and risk managers with the information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity.
The Tree Risk Assessment Qualification Course is a two-day educational course followed by a 1/2 day assessment that includes both a written and field component. The course prepares the participant to take the TRAQ assessment to become ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified. It is required that you attend the course and successfully complete the assessment in order to receive the ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification.
To be able to register for the course and take the exam, you must have earned one of the following credentials:
- ● ISA Certified Arborist or ISA Board Certified Master Arborist;
- ● ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified;
- ● A degree in arboriculture, urban forestry, traditional forestry, or horticulture that is part of a national qualifications framework or is from an accredited college or university;
- ● A national certification or certificate in arboriculture (see a complete list in the TRAQ handbook);
- ● ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist;
- ● Licensing or Certification from an approved state/province program (see a complete list in the TRAQ handbook);
- ● SAF Certified Forester.
DATE: Tuesday, 2 April – Thursday, 4 April, 2019.
Location: Kingston – Portsmouth Olympic Harbour; Instructor: Dwayne Neustaeter
REGISTRATION: OPEN. CLOSES: 5 March 2019.
ISA/ISAO Member: $800 +HST; Non-member: $950 +HST.
Registration form: HERE