Call for Papers
The ISA Ontario Chapter is now seeking presentation proposals for the 71st Annual Educational Conference and Tradeshow
This is the premier gathering for arboriculture professionals in Ontario. Arborists, foresters, urban foresters, consultants, researchers, educators and students come together with top industry professionals to learn the latest in research, technology and innovations in the arboriculture industry.
With this Conference, we aim to explore the business and communication side of the Arboriculture industry. In general, arborists are dedicated to understanding the benefits of trees and the science behind tree growth and vitality, but how do we turn this passion and information into a viable career? What opportunities does this industry offer to new arborists as well as seasoned professionals? There is a variety of paths to choose from: contract climber, municipal forester, research and preservation, business ownership, and many more. We aim to showcase and understand the opportunities available and how arborists can apply their knowledge and passion for trees.
This year the ISA Ontario Conference and Tradeshow will be at a brand new location: the London Convention Centre. This venue offers an extensive amount of space to accommodate a bigger and better conference and a much larger tradeshow.
The ISAO Education Committee of the Board will consider all presentation proposals related to the overarching theme. We are particularly interested in the following sub-themes:
- Economic viability of trees as green infrastructure
- Tree appraisal and valuation
- Dimensions of Education and Career planning
- Negotiation skills in career advancement
- Starting your own business
- Leadership, Management, and Career Building
Presentation submissions should include the following criteria:
- To which sub-theme of our conference is your topic related?
- To which audience is your topic most focused?
- Purpose, problem or issue
- Methods and or techniques
- Results, conclusions
- Future directions and impacts to arboriculture
Types of Presentations can include:
- Individual Presentations (30 minutes to 1 hour)
- Symposia or panels (1 hour to 2 hours)
- Workshops (30 mininutes to 1 hour)
- Research Posters – Dimensions: Posters should be no larger than 3’ x 5’ and ideally in a landscape or horizontal orientation. ISA Ontario will provide 4′ x 6’ cork boards that are horizontally oriented.
All abstracts are reviewed by the ISAO Education Committee of the Board of Directors as a collaborative effort to ensure equity and diversity in content determined by all submissions. Proposals are evaluated on overall appropriateness, focus, and practical application of material, and the subject’s interest to a diverse audience.
Speakers whose presentations are selected will be required to sign a confirmation agreement and submit additional details in advance of their presentations.
Please send your submission package to: [email protected] no later than September 30, 2019.