BCMA Prep Course
ISA Board-Certified Master Arborist Exam Preparation Course
Questions? Please contact the ISA Ontario office at [email protected] or 1-888-463-2316.
Host: Duntemann Urban Forestry, LLC
ISA Ontario is pleased to offer the ISA Board Certified Master Arborist Preparation Course. This is a VIRTUAL course with a LIVE instructor. The course will be spread out over 7 dates for a total of 27 hours of instruction. Classes will be held weekly on Tuesday evenings and 2 Saturdays (see dates below), ending on August 21, 2021.
COST: (excluding HST)
$600.00 ISA Ontario Members;
$740.00 Non-members. (Includes 1-year chapter membership)
The highest credential a member of the International Society of Arboriculture can achieve is the Board-Certified Master Arborist certification. This course is designed to prepare practitioners for the BCMA exam through content lectures, discussion, exercises, review, and self-assessments. The course consists of 9 intensive modules offered over a 5-week course. The BCMA Guide for Exam Preparation provides the framework for instruction. (not included with your workshop registration, although is available for purchase from the ISA Ontario bookstore).
REGISTRATION DEADLINE JULY 9TH
COURSE DETAILS & SCHEDULE
The time and money any one individual invests to prepare for the BCMA exam can be considerable. Understanding this, Mark created a training experience that strives to reinforce participant strengths and identify areas of needed concentration. The primary goal is to provide participants with the tools to think critically within the scenarios provided in the exam. The structure of the course was designed to facilitate these ends.
- Registrants will complete and submit the preliminary assessment from the BCMA Guide at the course’s onset. Mark will review and discuss the results of this preliminary assessment with each registrant in preparation for the course.
- Participants will complete and submit chapter practice questions at the end of each module.
- An analysis of responses from the previous module’s exams will be presented and reviewed at the beginning of the subsequent module.
- Two case studies will be provided for each module. One as a take-home assignment for that week and one for group discussion during lecture.
- Course participants will complete and submit the practice exam from the BCMA Guide at the end of the course.
- After the course’s completion participants will confer with Mark to review their practice test results. Mark will schedule a one-on-one conversation with each participant. Mentoring will include recommendations for additional study and targeted references.
Workshop materials include a detailed narrative related to each module, case studies, exercises, and sample exams. Additionally, each participant will receive a certificate of participation. Twenty-seven (27) International Society of Arboriculture CEU’s are assigned to this course.
Instruction will be delivered according to the following schedule:
Saturday, July 17 —8 AM – 3 PM
Tuesday, July 20 —6.30 PM – 9.45 PM
Tuesday, July 27 —6.30 PM – 9.45 PM
Saturday, August 7 —8 AM – 3 PM
Tuesday, August 10 —6.30 PM – 9.45 PM
Tuesday, August 17 —6.30 PM – 9.45 PM
Saturday, August 21 —8 AM – 11 AM
- Module 1 (July 17th) – Tree Biology & Biotic Disorders
- Module 2 (July 17th) – Abiotic Disorders & Tree Preservation
- Module 3 (July 20th) – Plant Identification, Selection & Installation
- Module 4 (July 27th) – Soil Science, Treatment & Water Relations
- Module 5 (August 7th) – Climbing, Rigging, Removal & Support
- Module 6 (August 7th) – Plant Health Care & Diagnostic Processes
- Module 7 (August 10th) – Tree Inventory & Management Plans
- Module 8 (August 17th) – Risk Assessment & Plant Appraisal
- Module 9 (August 21st) – Business Relations & Safety Management
* Instructor reserves the right to alter the module order teaching schedule once classes have begun
Instructor Biography: Mark Duntemann is the owner of Duntemann Urban Forestry, LLC. He is an internationally recognized expert in tree risk management policy development. Mark is an ISA Board-Certified Master Arborist, is an ISA-tree risk assessment qualification (TRAQ) instructor, and maintains the tree assessment certification from the Arboriculture Association (UK). He is currently conducting research for a book on the subject of tree risk management. Mark has served as an expert witness in numerous tree-related injury and fatality cases. This experience informs his lectures.
ISA BCMA REQUIREMENTS – Prerequisites and Exam Registration Information
The ISA Board Certified Master Arborist® credential is the highest level of certification offered by ISA. This credential recognizes ISA Certified Arborists® who have reached the pinnacle of their profession. In addition to passing an extensive scenario-based exam, candidates must abide by a Code of Ethics, which ensures the quality of work. Fewer than two percent of all ISA Certified Arborists® currently hold this certification.
To be eligible for the exam, you must be an ISA Certified Arborist in good standing and have a sufficient amount of any or all of the following:
- Measurable experience
- Formal education
- Related credentials
- Professional experience
Accept the challenge and become one of the elite ISA Board Certified Master Arborists.
Use this link to get more information on how to become an ISA Board Certified Master Arborist.
Requirements for the virtual course:
- Ability to use GoToMeeting/Webinars (ISAO has hosted webinars using the goto platform previously);
- PC/Mac/Tablet with WebCam (the instructor and facilitator must be able to see you on camera);
- PC/Mac/Tablet with Microphone;
PLEASE REVIEW & PERFORM THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS BELOW BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE BCMA Workshops.
The BCMA Prep course will be offered over 7 sessions for 27 CEUs, it requires that you attend ISAO’s BCMA Exam Prep online workshop (schedule above). ISAO utilizes the GoToWebinar platform. We encourage registrants to test the desktop/laptop computer they will be using PRIOR to registering for this program to ensure that you have no problems showing your webcam, utilizing your microphone, etc. This is required for participation in the online workshop.
If you need a detailed receipt please email Bridget at [email protected]
Please check your spam/junk folder.