CHANGE OF DETAILS
Annual Meeting of Members
Notice of Meeting
Members are advised that the Annual Meeting of Members (AMM) of the International Society of Arboriculture, Ontario Chapter (ISAO) will take place VIRTUALLY on Wednesday, 2 March 2022; 11.15AM ONLINE. More details to follow soon.
- The AMM will be held online Wednesday, 2 March, 2022 at 11:15 AM
- You must pre-register separately for the AMM (link will be available soon)
- You do not need to attend the ISAO Virtual Conference to attend the AMM.
- The AMM is FREE to attend to current*, valid members of ISA Ontario. (*Your ISA Ontario membership must be valid and current as at Mar 2 2022).
- You can earn 1 CEU for attending.
- We will be using GoToWebinar to host the AMM (same as 2021) – see all the details here: https://isaontario.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/AMMArticle.pdf
- Invitation to submit special business items to be considered for the Annual Meeting of Members (AMM).
- If an ISA Ontario member wishes to add a “Special Business” item to the AMM agenda, one must provide the item along with sufficient information to ISAO no later than Tuesday, November 30th so it can be included with the AMM notice to all Members.
- Please state the nature of your request in sufficient detail to permit a member to form a reasoned judgment on the business; and state the text of any special resolution to be submitted to the meeting.
Seeking Nominees for the ISAO BOD
Are you passionate about this industry and want to help make ISAO even better? Consider running for the ISAO Board of Directors! You’ll have that opportunity at the Annual Meeting of Members on Mar 2, 2022! To be eligible you must be a member of ISAO in good standing, and you’ll need two members to support your nomination.
What’s involved in sitting on the ISAO BOD? BOD members attend around six BOD meetings per year and volunteer on various projects, committees and events throughout the year. It is a time commitment but it’s incredibly rewarding and fun – what better way to have a positive impact on our industry? Three director positions will be open in 2022 and we’d love to see YOU run!
For employers: we realize this role involves a time commitment – by encouraging and supporting employee volunteerism, you can ensure our industry continues to thrive and grow! Your support can make a difference!
Seeking ISAO Committee Volunteers
Do you want to be more involved but don’t know if the BOD is for you? Consider volunteering for one of ISAO’s committees! ISAO committees include: Communications, the Ontario Tree Climbing Competition, Education, Women in Arboriculture Ontario, Safety, Membership, and Municipal Arborist & Urban Foresters.
If you’re passionate about one of these subjects, or want to help out at events, reach out to us: [email protected]
Announcing 2022 Virtual Chats with the ISAO BOD!
We want to hear from our members! And we know the AMM isn’t always the best time for an informal chat. Keep your eye on this space as we’ll announce 2022 dates and topics for a few virtual meetups with your ISAO Board of Directors. This is your chance to voice your concerns, find out about upcoming projects, or just say hi!
The ISAO 2021 AMM minutes will be available to view/download HERE (when AVAILABLE), as well as the financial statements, available HERE (when AVAILABLE). They can also be received through e-mail request: info @ isaontario.com.